- Flexible, plasticizer-resistant
- Resistant to ageing
- High initial tack
- Resistant to water, diluted acids and alkalis
- Fast and easy application on large surface areas
- For combination bonding of wood-based materials with HPL panels, e.g. Resopal®, Formica, and with rubber, leather, cork, felt, rigid PVC, flexible foams, metal and many more. Not suitable for polystyrene, flexible PVC and imitation leather.
- For installing sound-absorbing, heat-insulating and acoustic panels (except those made of polystyrene), suitable plastic tiles and all sorts of wall coverings (except flexible PVC and imitation leather) on load-bearing, dry substrates.
- For fixing veneer strips on edges and curved surfaces.
- For sealing the edges of solid wood and plywood as well as kitchen work tops against moisture and for fixing sealing strips.
- Tin 650g
- Store tightly closed and at room temperature. Avoid temperatures lower +5°C and above +50°C.
- For further information please refer to the TDS.
- Shear strength depends on material and contact pressure.
- Final bonding strength is reached after 3 days.
- Application temperature: 18-25 °C
- Open time: 60 minutes
- The bonds are highly resistant to water, diluted acids and alkalis.
Before start of work, inform yourself about the necessary safety precautions in the Safety Data Sheet. The usual precautions concerning the handling of chemical products must also be observed for products that do not require labelling as hazardous substances.
Apply a generous, uniform layer of Pattex Transparent to both parts to be joined – especially to the edge areas – using a fine-notched trowel. Do not dilute Pattex Transparent.
Before joining the parts, allow the solvents to evaporate. This takes approx. 15 minutes at normal room temperature (18-25 °C). Ensure constant, adequate ventilation. After solvent evaporation, bonding is possible within 1 hour (open time)..
The parts to be joined must have good accuracy of fit. Carefully align the parts – after first contact of the two adhesive films, adjustments to the position are no longer possible. After that, press the parts briefly but very firmly together with a minimum pressure of 0.5 N/mm². Not the duration but the intensity of pressure is essential for the final bonding strength. When bonding large areas or laminated panels, metals etc., pressure should be applied with a press. Depending on the workpiece, vigorous rolling may be sufficient (e.g. with the Pattex Pressure Roller to ensure elastic contact pressure). Press or roll from the centre outwards to avoid trapping air. Carefully press down the edge areas.
Immediately after pressing, the initial bonding strength is so high that the parts are able to resist mechanical stress and can be further processed (e.g. sawing, milling). Final strength, however, is reached with a delay.
Immediately after use, clean the tools with a standard lacquer thinner or benzene.
Store tightly closed at normal room temperature. Cold or frozen adhesive will become fully usable again by allowing it to slowly warm up to room temperature (approx. 20 °C). No quality loss. Keep the container tightly closed also during work breaks to prevent solvent evaporation and drying of the adhesive.
Do not store Pattex Transparent below +5 °C and above +50 °C.
Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet for information on safety and disposal.