Polyurethane-based construction adhesives
These polymers cure chemically by absorbing moisture (mostly from the substrate) while releasing CO2. There are soft and hard curing adhesives.
- Extremely fast curing (2 min.)
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Waterproof according to DIN EN 204 D4
- Very high final strength
- Paintable and sandable
- Bridges gaps of up to 1 mm width.
- extremely fast assembly bonding – indoors and outdoors
- bonding wood, wood-based materials, polystyrene, ceramics etc.
- bonding natural stones
- producing bonds that are highly resistant to water and temperature
- combination bonding: metals and plastics with absorbent materials
- fixing dowels in loose masonry
- repair bonding of different materials
- Tin 650g
- To be stored in a frost-free, cool and dry place
- As Pattex PL 400 Express has high bond strength on metals and plastics, any parts not to be joined must be protected with PE sheeting or similar material.
- Not suitable for bonding PE, PP, PTFE, PVC or similar plastics.
- Due to the great variety of different materials (metals/plastics), the user should carry out preliminary tests.
- Make sure to read the application and safety instructions given in our Technical Data Sheet and Safety Data Sheet.
The surfaces to be joined must have good accuracy of fit. They must be free of grease, load-bearing, dry, clean, and not in permanent contact with water. Make sure the adhesive can absorb moisture from the material to be bonded (at least one absorbent surface) or from the glue joint (air humidity).
Depending on the application, apply the adhesive uniformly over the full surface area using either bead or spot application. Where necessary, the adhesive can also be applied with a PE glue comb.
Bead application (vertical):
When applying the adhesive in vertical beads, no moisture can accumulate. If there is any moisture (either condensate or water acting directly on the bond), it can exit at the lower edge of the work piece.
When bonding light-weight components, it is possible to apply the adhesive in spots. The effect of spot application is similar to that produced by vertical beads.
After applying the adhesive, press the work pieces together, but make sure the adhesive spots or beads do not coalesce. As a precaution, heavy parts or work pieces under tension should be secured for a period of 24 hours.
Do not use below 5 °C material and room temperature.
2 minutes at room temperature (23 °C)
5 minutes at room temperature (23 °C)
At least 24 hours when applying layers of 2 mm thickness.
Approx. 320 g/m² with full-surface application, 40 g/m² with bead application – depending on the substrate absorbency.